What needs to be done till the alpha release?
- Fix Ical Support.
- Render recurring events immediately after an event was created, not just on page load.
- Review Security (specifically user access rights to events)
- Make use of SEC_createToken, SEC_checkToken to preven CSRF attacks.
- When Geeklog moves to PHP 5.3 (or earlier, as time permits) switch to using MySQL Datetime types. PHP 5.3's enhanced DateTime class makes the switch easier.
- Conversion script to convert existing Geeklog calendars to Calendarv2.
- Use PHP's locale settings for Day of Week, Month Names, etc instead of the language file 
- AEvents Class
- Should the _events array be an associative array with the events' EIDs as keys?
- Event Class
- Should the class be aware of whether the event already exists in the DB? That way it know which of "update_to_database" and "save_to_database" function is appropriate?
- Should the class be aware of whether the event is the moderation or event table? That way the "modify" and "modify_moderation" functions wouldn't be necessary (the class would know the appropriate table automatically).
- addslashes is used extensively to sanitize input. Should Geeklog's filter routines be used instead in places?