Revision as of 16:01, 22 June 2013 by Dirk (added some considerations)
What is it?
This is a plugin that allows "crowdsourcing" the translation of Geeklog, i.e. once installed, it allows users to contribute translations of Geeklog's user interface texts for other languages.
- Any logged-in user should be able to contribute a translation
- Ideally, the plugin should also allow translations of plugins (bundled and 3rd party). We'll start with core texts but try to keep things generic, adding plugin support later when possible.
- Ideally, translators should be able to see the text strings in context to help with the translation.
- If that turns out not to be possible, we'll show them without context.
- It's acceptable if the translation option slows things down. If it slows down things noticably, add a "translation mode", so users can decide between using the site normally or helping with the translation.
To Be Decided
- Should users be able to freely create new languages? Or do we need some sort of approval process?