Revision as of 23:28, 8 February 2010 by Tom
These are new and not fully fleshed-out ideas for the Google Summer of Code. Contributions welcome!
- Site Migration for PostgreSQL and/or MS SQL
- Database Migration: Switch from Postgres to MySQL or MS SQL or the other way around
- E-Mail Subsystem: Geeklog sometimes has to send out a lot of emails. Instead of sending them all at once (and running into timeouts), we could queue them and send them out in batches. This queue should allow for other job types as well.
- Facebook Connect: Allow users to login to a Geeklog site with their Facebook Account. Could become part of the Social Networking Features Project.
- Multi-site Setup: Run several websites off of one codebase. There's a hack for that, but it's a pain for upgrades.
- Continuation of the Configuration GUI project from GSoC 2007: more fine grained access to the Configuration; review what we have - what's missing, what needs to be improved, moved around, etc.
- Admin toolbox: A collection of mini-plugins for admin tasks (e.g. reset stats, change a default setting for all users, etc.). Should have super easy install, e.g. just drop (upload?) a file in a predefined directory.
As we flesh out these ideas, they will be moved to their own pages and linked to from our GSoC Start Page.