Revision as of 13:39, 6 February 2010 by Dirk (project idea: continuation of the Configuration GUI project)
These are new and not fully fleshed-out ideas for the Google Summer of Code. Contributions welcome!
- Site Migration for PostgreSQL and/or MS SQL
- Database Migration: Switch from Postgres to MySQL or MS SQL or the other way around
- E-Mail Subsystem: Geeklog sometimes has to send out a lot of emails. Instead of sending them all at once (and running into timeouts), we could queue them and send them out in batches.
- Facebook Connect: Allow users to login to a Geeklog site with their Facebook Account. Could become part of the Social Networking Features Project.
- Multi-site Setup: Run several websites off of one codebase. There's a hack for that, but it's a pain for upgrades.
- Continuation of the Configuration GUI project from GSoC 2007: more fine grained access to the Configuration; review what we have - what's missing, what needs to be improved, moved around, etc.
As we flesh out these ideas, they will be moved to their own pages and linked to from our GSoC Start Page.