State reason for redesign here.
If you would like to help out, a good starting point is reading about the process another CMS went through redesigning their website. See: A Tour of the Redesigned Drupal.org
We also suggest that you join our Development Mailing List and introduce yourself. This list is the best place for any questions or discussions related to the Geeklog.net redesign.
Below is a list of proposed changes/ideas to the current Geeklog.net website.
When adding a new idea, please keep these things in mind:
- Include you name in brackets at the end of your idea.
- At the moment these are mainly point form ideas. As they develop we will be creating new wiki pages for each individual idea.
Also, when adding an idea, please consider volunteering your time to help develop it!
A list of proposed pages....
- What is the purpose of the homepage?
- I think we should showcase Geeklog more and explain why you should use Geeklog for your website while still making it easy for visitors to find support, plugins etc. (Tom)
- This page could list a number of ways community members could get involved. This can include Documentation, Theme development, Coding, Supporting Community members, and Financially. (Tom)
Theme ideas here ...
- Create a bounty on Geeklog.net too have someone step forward to develop a theme based on our design goals. (Tom)
- Use a website like 99designs.com to advertise our theme bounty. (Tom)