New Plugin API Functions in Geeklog 1.6.0
Geeklog 1.6.0 introduced several new Plugin API functions. The main goals of these additions were to improve interaction between plugins, help separate the bundled plugins from the Geeklog Core and ease plugin installation.
- PLG_pluginStateChange (new: detect state change of other plugins)
- PLG_configChange (new: detect config change of other plugins)
- PLG_getDocumentationUrl (new: provide links to documentation)
- PLG_getItemInfo was extended
- PLG_itemSaved was simplified and
- Plugin Autoinstall was introduced
- PLG_migrate (new: help with site migrations)
Additionally, the new search engine comes with a new API that is recommended for use in plugins to make the most of the new search functionality in Geeklog 1.6.0. For details, please see Using Geeklog's Improved Search Engine.