Revision as of 10:24, 29 January 2010 by Dirk (idea: multi-site setup)
These are new and not fully fleshed-out ideas for the Google Summer of Code. Contributions welcome!
- Site Migration for PostgreSQL and/or MS SQL
- Database Migration: Switch from Postgres to MySQL or MS SQL or the other way around
- E-Mail Subsystem: Geeklog sometimes has to send out a lot of emails. Instead of sending them all at once (and running into timeouts), we could queue them and send them out in batches.
- Facebook Connect: Allow users to login to a Geeklog site with their Facebook Account. Could become part of the Social Networking Features Project.
- Multi-site Setup: Run several websites off of one codebase. There's a hack for that, but it's a pain for upgrades.
As we flesh out these ideas, they will be moved to their own pages and linked to from our GSoC Start Page.