SoC cross site publication
Sites would need to subscribe to remote sites (Peers) and be approved. They would have the ability to query the remote sites for the types of alerts or publishing services available. Source site would need to approve all requests unless alert service was setup as public.
- Geeklog.net setup as hub where security updates can be broadcasted to all subscribing sites.
- Plugin Developers can use the service to send out update notices. The plugin Editor could pull developer sites and request the latest version
- A ring of community sites may want to send out lost-pet alerts or crime alerts.
- Service could be used to push spam site updates to a hub and then subscribers get updates automatically
Flexible rules or options will make this a more valuable service.
- Announcements on siteA are picked up by SiteB and published to Topic ABC.
- The SiteB's story indicates that it was originally published on SiteA by John Hanover.
- Announcements on SiteA are picked up by SiteC.
- An email alert is sent to site Admin to approve before publishing.