A changelog file is a list of all changes in a software project. Geeklog's changelog file is called history and located in public_html/docs/history. The file is maintained manually, using the following guidelines:
- plain text
- 80 characters per line
- latest changes first
- separate sections for core and plugin changes (core first, one section per plugin)
- if a change was made to fix a bug or implement a requested feature, add the issue number from our bugtracker, e.g.
Fixed foo handling in bar plugin (bug #0012345)
- give credit where credit is due
- the person(s) making the change should add their name in square brackets at the end of the change description
- if the change was mainly the act of applying a patch, credit should go to the author of the patch
- use common sense
Getting a list of changes
A (raw) list of changes that went into a specific Geeklog version can be acquired through a script.