Roadmap (of sorts)
This is a proposed roadmap for the continued development of Geeklog following a planned and structured approach:
New major releases of Geeklog would be made twice per year, in April and in November.
Geeklog 1.7.0 (assuming we manage to integrate at least one of the projects from GSoC 2009 - otherwise it'll be 1.6.2)
- Plugin Repository (i.e. support for the Plugin Repository in Geeklog itself)
- Issues from the bugtracker scheduled for this release
Nice To Have
- First Beta release: End of March
- Feature freeze
- Call for Translations
- Release Candidates throughout April, as needed
- no more changes in the database schema or themes
- bugfixes only
- updates to languages files and documentation as needed
- if necessary: maintenance release within 4-8 weeks after release
- If we happen to get accepted for the Google Summer of Code again, strive to get at least some of the new features into this release already.